Sunday, November 25, 2007

The McCann Circus

Kate McCann has been accused of being hot, I second the motion.

Retired solicitor Tony Bennett has failed in his bid to issue a summons against Gerald and Kate McCann for offences to do with section 1 of the Children and Young Persons Act 1933. Which makes liable anyone aged 16 and over who is in charge of a minor for their safety.

It has been refused as the court didn't have the necessary jurisdiction. C'mon lad you should have known this, I suspect self promotion.

That's what happens when the crime occurs in a 3rd world country like Portugal. Mr Bennett who is a qualified social worker was concerned that no action was being taken to prosecute the McCanns for child neglect .

No shit mate, since the abduction of Madeleine McCann which happened on the 3rd May this year its been a media circus full of concerned rich celebs all conveniently ignoring how the crime was allowed to happen in the first place.

The McCann's family spokesman Clarence Mitchell said the couple had committed no offence under UK law or any other country's law.

So because no one wants to prosecute neglectful parents that makes it ok? the UK went to the trouble of writing out a young persons act in 1933 so I actually think its an offence in at least one country .

It reminds me of parents who drown their children and then fight in the courts to get off with it. Maybe I'm the type of person to feel guilty if I had done such a thing that whatever happened to me I'd figure that I deserved it.

I don't want the McCanns to go to prison for their neglect, I think in this case that would be counterproductive and not very popular. I want them to admit neglect and for the government to announce that its not ok to leave yer toddlers home or in another country while on holiday unsupervised while you go out and enjoy yerself , sure popping into the back garden to hang up yer washing is ok but to physically leave the premises out of ear shot while you drink wine and enjoy the witty conversation of yer friends is not acceptable.

It fucking well annoys me the attitude and pussy footing around this case, finding a technical legal loop-hole supported by the international laws of a 3rd world country does not make it right.

I was raised to be respectful of authority figures and that included Doctors as they were supposed highly educated but these two Doctors are fucking mongs as are many other authority figures these days.

I now value those with common sense more than those with power over others and diplomas .

4 comments:

Joana Morais said...

WTF?? 3rd world country like Portugal??

Old Knudsen said...

Don't worry some day you'll get civilisation, could be worse could be Spain.

Unknown said...

"I now value those with common sense more than those with power over others and diplomas ." Nothing could be truer. Did you ever notice how some people, who are just fucking brilliant in the workplace, often times, have absolutely no common sense? My own red haired spitfire sister is likened to this premise. Besides, she has more money than brains, quite often. We can't all be beautiful, we can't have it all but just as a fly on the wall, I enjoy just watching it unfold.

Old Knudsen said...

I notice people with PHDs can't mop floors or have critical thinking, or they leave their kids alone while they party.